12.23.2011

Mi Último Día del Colegio

Today was my last day at Askartza (my school) and I honestly didn't think it would be as hard to say goodbye as it was. I was completely surprised at the end of the day when everyone was sitting down and I was called up to the front of the class. I was given a present on behalf of my normal class and my English and Latin classes. Yesterday my teacher pulled me out of class to talk and apparently that's when the students collected the money and talked about ideas. So yesterday night they bought part of the gift. Today more people brought money so during lunch two girls in my class walked 2 km to a mall to buy another little gift. I was shaking when I opened the gifts because everyone was clapping and cheering and I eventually broke down into tears once everything had been opened. By that time the bell had rung so I gave everyone goodbye kisses. I had no idea how much that class had grown on me the 3 months I had been there until I had to leave them. :(