12.03.2011

He Visto a Mi Gemela!

This past weekend I went to Barcelona with my host family and Maddie to see my friends from DS that were also there on a school trip. Everything started off terribly: Maddie's flight on Friday was cancelled (she had been waiting in the airport for seven hours) and she had to be changed to a flight on Saturday. There were two possible flights into Barcelona on Saturday- one which left at 8:30AM and arrived in Spain at 9:30AM and another flight that left at 7:50AM but didn't arrive in Spain until 12:30PM. Of the 40 people on her flight, she was one of the 10 people that were placed on the flight that arrived past noon. This posed a problem as we had been planning to meet up with the DS girls around 10AM so after a little work twisting the truth, Maddie was thankfully placed on the early flight and everything went according to plan. In Barcelona we spent a lot of time with our friends going out to eat, shopping, and just talking in their hotel rooms. It made me really happy to see everyone again and to speak in English again but when I had to come back to Sopelana I was extremely sad and homesick...I had no appetite and constantly felt like I could cry. That feeling has passed, however, now that I've come to the realization that it is only a short period of time until I'm reunited with my family and traveling back to freezing Wisco. (: