12.26.2011

Feliz Navidad!

This past weekend I went to a gala and it was Christmas. 
The gala was Friday night starting at 11:30 PM and went until 6 AM. We went and had our hair and makeup professionally done and got dressed up in high heels and black dresses. I didn't want to wear tights but when I said that everyone looked at me like I was crazy because everyone here wears them so I settled with skin colored tights. 
I thought I would be a lot more upset at Christmas than I was. It didn't even feel like Christmas to me whatsoever so I think that helped me stay happy. We had a big family dinner and then opened the presents from the "hinchero" (like Santa) after dinner. I got an Eguzkilore necklace which is the name of a very typical flower here in Euskera, watch, Basque Country cooking book, Platero y yo (classic spanish novel), a stress ball in the shape of a Euro, shirt with the Lauburu on it (the symbol of the Basque Country), and a incense/candle piece.