11.04.2011

Hacen Dos Meses, Quedan Dos Meses

Today officially marks two months that I've been here in Spain! I only have two months and one week left here...time has passed so quickly! It's so weird to think this is all half way over already...throughout these two months my relationship with my host family has grown an immeasurable amount and we truly function as a family now. My friendships with my friends and classmates continues to develop and get better and I have become very comfortable and accustomed to life here by now. As for a language standpoint: they say that the first three to four weeks you don't understand much and after that block of time the language barrier gets easier. For me, the first month was extremely tough. I really didn't know what anyone was saying and I could barely formulate responses. However, something just clicked around the beginning of October. I was able to respond almost immediately, actually have correct grammar, speak faster, and comprehend the accent and what people were saying. [Naturally, when I said my first fluent sentence I flipped out a little bit :)] I've been keeping a list of words that are new to me with their English translation so as to broaden my vocabulary and learn the most I possibly can in this short amount of time that remains.