10.26.2011

Barcelona

From October 21st until October 25th my family and I took a trip down to Barcelona. We flew into the Barcelona airport, got onto their sailboat at Port Ginesta in Castel de Felles, then sailed approximately two hours to Port Vell, Located in Barcelona. I had never been sailing before and to my surprise I almost got sea sick...not fun. The five days we were there we went shopping at Maremagnum, a large shopping center; visited Las Ramblas, famous streets lined with shops and restaurants; went to La Sagrada Familia, a famous Cathedral featuring Gaudi's architecture; visited the Gardens of Gaudi, which contains more of Gaudi's architecture; and went to the Plaza de Catalunya (there is an unbelievable amount of pigeons). For lodging, we slept on the boat instead of staying in a hotel. 
La Sagrada Familia - Cathedral
Gaudi Architecture inside La Segrada Familia
Feeding Pigeons - Plaza de Catalunya